Variety of User-Friendly SurveysSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Survey Research Initiative
Variety of User-Friendly Surveys
Our surveys have been developed by Teachers College faculty in collaboration with school districts, schools and national professional associations, including the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
During the past six years, we have partnered with schools/educational organizations, school districts, and national professional associations in order to develop and refine our surveys and the online platform. Our surveys are customized school by school, district by district, and state by state, so our reports give educators, administrators and policymakers exactly what they need in a form that is clear and easy to understand.
Our repository contains surveys that provide K-12 educators, administrators and policymakers with constructive feedback:
- Stakeholder satisfaction surveys for students, teachers, and parents;
- School climate surveys for students, teachers, and parents;
- 360° principal evaluation surveys for parents, teachers, and principals;
- Implementation surveys of the Common Core State Standards for states and school districts
We also can help you design surveys for program evaluation. We work with organizations that operate educational programs of different types – from artist-in-residence programs in public K-12 schools to academic instruction in juvenile camps – to help assess the results of their interventions.
Our surveys offer some distinctive features:
- Student surveys are offered in two versions: for elementary students (grades K-5) and for secondary school students (grades 6-12).
- For charter schools and turnaround schools, three types of surveys are available: one for new schools (1-3 years), a second for emerging schools (4-6 years), and a third for mature schools (7+ years).
- Our survey questions differ depending on whether the school is a “brick and mortar” (traditional), a hybrid, or a virtual school.
All our surveys use both closed and open-ended questions. Survey administration is generally online; paper-and-pencil surveys are also available.